« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Sign In above to begin adding replies.

2019 AGM

Xz

Topics: 33

Replies: 397

Posted: Sun 8th Sep 2019, 5:23pm
2019 AGM

I have just returned from a great AGM/Gala Weekend at Newport. The club did us proud, with bags of track access time (no running list) and good on site facilities.

It was really good to catch up with good friends and make a few new ones. Especially good to see some new faces, possibly the first Gala for some (bet it won't be the last!).

All I can add is "Too late, you've missed it!" Try again next year, at Echills Wood Railway, Kingsbury Water Park, nr. Sutton Coldfield. Smack in the middle of the country, with great m/way access. Don't be shy, give it a go, bring a loco if you can, that way it's even more fun.

Replies To This Post

GWRGirl

Topics: 9

Replies: 39

Posted: Sun 8th Sep 2019, 7:57pm

Hi Xz,
So pleased you had a lovely time, Sorry I couldn't make this year, as I explained to Mr Cooper.Will try and make next year's A.G.M if can don't know if I can bring my loco have no means of transporting it.
Regards,
Gloria.
Ps thank you also for your advice you gave me.

Rosco

Topics: 0

Replies: 3

Posted: Mon 9th Sep 2019, 4:22pm

A big thank you to all the members of the Newport club for an excellent AGM weekend. We were all made very welcome and looked after. I appreciated how much work had gone into the preparation but it was all very worthwhile. I had a lot of fun steaming around with my Mikado "Screaming Eagle" and it was so nice once again to meet old colleagues and friends from the Society.
Well done Newport.
Ian Dixon

Little Hunslet

Topics: 5

Replies: 43

Posted: Mon 9th Sep 2019, 9:18pm

Just arrived home after a fantastic three days at the AGM in wonderful warm and sunny weather. The boys at Newport did us proud as did the caterers. Lovely little railway with some impressive feats of engineering on show at the steaming bays and those incredible points. The Newport members always seemed to have smiles on their faces as did we. Thank you all for a wonderful weekend.
Pete & Wendy King

nickburton

Replies: 14

Posted: Tue 10th Sep 2019, 12:37am

Thanks to all at Newport and the 71/4 Society for a great weekend. Good to put some names to faces and meet some new people. Tinkerbells rule ok! (Well at least as mayoral transport - grateful if someone can send me a photo). Nick

Xz

Topics: 33

Replies: 397

Posted: Tue 10th Sep 2019, 11:10am

Nick, I have one that was taken by Dai Lewis. Shows the Mayoral train about to depart. Happily send it over if I could find out where.
Nick, I have one that was taken by Dai Lewis. Shows the Mayoral train about to depart. Happily send it over if I could find out where.

ivanhewlett

Topics: 11

Replies: 72

Posted: Tue 10th Sep 2019, 12:01pm

Hi All
Yes, what a fantastic weekend it was, home now and batteries being recharged (mine and the railcar's). Superb track, friendly members and great times, it is always nice to catch up with old friends and make some new ones too. It is a shame I failed early due to lack of electrons - my chargers seemed to have a problem with the Welsh power - but they'll recover and here's to another great event next year at Echills. The committee stated that the membership fees would remain the same for the coming year and for me it is worth this cost for the AGM alone. Thanks to all involved, Kind Regards, Ivan (1065)

dailewis

Replies: 2

Posted: Tue 10th Sep 2019, 7:10pm

As President of the Newport club I would like to thank each and every one of you who attended the AGM/ Gala
From my point of view all of you made it a great experience for myself and all the members.
The hard work put in by the clubs members in putting new sleepers around the track,building the steaming bays and the new point work. Also the new road which had many comments made about it.
There was also much grass cutting and moving of materials to clear the site so as to be more user friendly.
So in conclusion once again thank you all for making our time so pleasurable.
Please come back anytime.
Dai Lewis

HauteSaoneFrance

Topics: 42

Replies: 165

Posted: Sun 15th Sep 2019, 7:20pm

A rather belated thanks a million to everyone with the task of making the AGM such a success not least of course the Newport Club who afforded us such a friendly reception well done to all.

Now back in France it's on with building the MSS railway.

Lynne L

Topics: 4

Replies: 35

Posted: Fri 20th Sep 2019, 8:24am

I must second what Davina has said above. It was a great weekend. I can't wait for next year's AGM and meeting up with all the friends we made this year.

I will not be joining Davina in France until the beginning of next month, where we have a busy schedule of work planned for the whole month.

nickburton

Replies: 14

Posted: Sat 28th Sep 2019, 6:20pm

Thanks for the picture - I managed to download this one. Nick

« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Contacts | Links | Cookies

Registered office: Yorkshire Accountancy Ltd, 123 Hallgate, Cottingham, East Yorkshire, HU16 4DA
Company registered in England & Wales Number 3955091 © Seven and a Quarter Gauge Society Ltd

Web design by Slingshot