« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Sign In above to begin adding replies.

4QD Professional 120 Controller Question

GeorgeH

Topics: 3

Replies: 0

Posted: Mon 7th Jun 2021, 1:51pm
4QD Professional 120 Controller Question

My son has a 7 1/4 inch Diesel loco running with this 4QD controller, and wants to add a horn. I have "buzzed out" the violet and pink wires from the socket and have established they appear as a contact closure when the "horn " button is pushed on the controller, so am looking to run this in series with a 12v supply, to engage a coil on a 12v relay to power the horn. I am just concerned about putting 12v in series and what it might do to the controller. I know you can get a Horn Relay Board 324 from 4QD, but seems overkill if my way works, as I have some spare relays. Any advice would be appreciated.

Replies To This Post

George C

Topics: 1

Replies: 3

Posted: Mon 7th Jun 2021, 4:56pm

When you talk about the "horn button on the controller, are you really talking about the handset? There are no buttons on any 4QD controller that I use.

I can't advise on a 4QD handset as I have made my own for my locos. Have you looked on the 4QD website for a wiring diagram? that might solve your problem.

Lynne L

Topics: 4

Replies: 35

Posted: Tue 8th Jun 2021, 11:33am

I don't know what the current 4QD handset is like, but from memory on the older handsets the horn was controlled but a centre off toggle switch.

« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Contacts | Links | Cookies

Registered office: Yorkshire Accountancy Ltd, 123 Hallgate, Cottingham, East Yorkshire, HU16 4DA
Company registered in England & Wales Number 3955091 © Seven and a Quarter Gauge Society Ltd

Web design by Slingshot