AGM pictures. Photographers and loco owners, please read

George Coles

Topics: 31

Replies: 188

Posted: Mon 2nd Sep 2019, 11:30am
AGM pictures. Photographers and loco owners, please read

AGM pictures.  Photographers and loco owners, please read
PHOTOGRAPHERS:
I have raised this before, but with the AGM upon us, I appeal to all photographers to add some details to their postings in the Gallery. We often get pictures posted with no details, except, maybe, the railway (and not always that even!) and the photographer recording his copyright ownership. "What, when, where", makes the picture more interesting.
Unfortunately, this website does not offer a way of commenting on pictures posted by others, so we can't ask for details after the picture has been posted.

You may know, your mates may know, but this is a public site, so, if your picture has any value, please share what you know. If you don't know, ask the driver. (I have never met a driver who didn't want to talk about his loco!!)

I understand the perceived need for some details to be kept private, but a pretty picture with no details at all is just that - a pretty picture, and we can all take those.

LOCO OWNERS:
To help photographers to get the details of your loco correct, why not write a brief outline of what it is and anything else you are happy to have published. Then print out a few copies, and hand them out to anyone you see taking a picture. I have always found photographers to be interested. A sample of my handout is shown in the picture.

Replies To This Post

There are no replies in this topic - Why not be the first to reply?

« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Contacts | Links | Cookies

Registered office: Yorkshire Accountancy Ltd, 123 Hallgate, Cottingham, East Yorkshire, HU16 4DA
Company registered in England & Wales Number 3955091 © Seven and a Quarter Gauge Society Ltd

Web design by Slingshot