« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Sign In above to begin adding replies.

ALR - What railway is this?

Lambrail

Topics: 12

Replies: 16

Posted: Fri 18th May 2018, 5:53am
ALR - What railway is this?

I notied that the ALR and also some other lines just used their initials when adding dates to the diary on this site. Some also do this when using You Tube Etc. Whilst I am sure that many would know what railways these initials refer too, I am also sure that many don't.

Can I suggest that railways use a full title when promoting their activities, and dare I suggest even give a hint of where they are? They might even find they get more patronage!

-Just a thought - :-) - By the way - What and where is the ALR?

Replies To This Post

Keithf7

Topics: 0

Replies: 23

Posted: Fri 18th May 2018, 7:45am

Ashmanhaugh Light Railway? If this is the one it is in Norfolk.

George Coles

Topics: 25

Replies: 159

Posted: Fri 18th May 2018, 8:09am

Lambrail, I couldn't agree more. In fact I have asked the same question on here.

I can confirm that ALR is the Ashmanhaugh Light Railway, as that was the one about which I enquired too!

There do seem to be a lot of members who post information on the basis of "well, you know what I mean" when, being scattered, many of us do not know to what the poster is referring. This applies to events and pictures in the gallery as well.

George C

Lambrail

Topics: 12

Replies: 16

Posted: Fri 18th May 2018, 12:39pm

I have been there -a very lovely railway.
I also agree that location details in the Photos & videos section would also be useful. My belief is that many non 7 1/4 members would browse the site and many prospective passengers and members are being missed.

Thanks for the replies.

« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Web design by Slingshot