Forum Options

« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Sign In above to begin adding replies.

Available options in 'members locos' section.

Colin Edmondson

Topics: 4

Replies: 100

Posted: Sun 14th Jun 2020, 10:33pm
Available options in 'members locos' section.

I wonder if it is possible to add the most common 'diesel' axle notations to the comprehensive steam selection available, such as 4W, Bo-Bo, Co-Co, as I have to tick 'other' for all my locos? If possible I would also like to see 'handbrakes' added, as all my locos have them but only steam, vacuum etc are available as options. Thanks

Replies To This Post

MartynRedfearn

Topics: 28

Replies: 231

Posted: Mon 15th Jun 2020, 7:07am

I agree but unfortunately I think this website is hard coded or at least cost money for every change!

ivanhewlett

Topics: 11

Replies: 72

Posted: Tue 16th Jun 2020, 9:29am

Hi All
As an additional point to Colin's question can I ask what the idea behind the 'members locos' section is please ?
I am not intending any criticism here by the way, I completely respect and appreciate the work that all officers of the society perform and understand that the website, like all software, has limitations.
I entered my loco details a few years back without giving it too much thought, but I did think that probably the information would flow through to AGM organisers perhaps, so that when I booked in I could just say I will be bringing loco number 1, for example, and they would then know what to expect on arrival, but this does not seem to be the case ?
So I just wonder what benefit is achieved through entering our loco details please ?
Kind Regards, Ivan

MartynRedfearn

Topics: 28

Replies: 231

Posted: Tue 16th Jun 2020, 3:33pm

Ivan I always wondered too, must admit that I have just gone on and updated mine but does anyone else ever see them?

frankcooper

Topics: 14

Replies: 136

Posted: Tue 16th Jun 2020, 5:26pm

I believe the hope was that if members kept the information up to date it would help with the AGM but sadly most have never given this information and those that did years ago perhaps have not updated.It is the same when the system asks for club - not kept up to date.

« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Contacts | Links | Cookies

Registered office: Yorkshire Accountancy Ltd, 123 Hallgate, Cottingham, East Yorkshire, HU16 4DA
Company registered in England & Wales Number 3955091 © Seven and a Quarter Gauge Society Ltd

Web design by Slingshot