« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Sign In above to begin adding replies.

Brian Lee

ThomasKremers

Topics: 6

Replies: 13

Posted: Wed 24th Jul 2019, 5:40am
Brian Lee

I'm trying to track down Brian Lee. He hasn't been a member for a couple years but I feel like someone here must know what happened to him or how to contact him. I think he did a lot of research on Royal Scot engines and I only have his notes from 1998 and I'm trying to locate an engine he helped to sell. I would appreciate if someone can help me check to see if he is live and well and can help me contact him.

Replies To This Post

Xz

Topics: 33

Replies: 397

Posted: Wed 24th Jul 2019, 8:46am

The last club that I know Brian was a Member of was Handforth M.E. https://www.handforthmes.org.uk/, unfortunately that info is also several years out of date. I have emailed another of our Members who is/was also a member at Handforth to see if he has anything further.
You could always try direct yourself.

DJR

Topics: 0

Replies: 4

Posted: Wed 24th Jul 2019, 11:15am

Hi Thomas,

I've just replied on your other thread before I saw this one. We had A Brian Lee at Teesside small gauge railway, I assume its the same. Sadly over the last few years his health has deteriorated to the point he is unable to come to the club.

Dave

ThomasKremers

Posted: Thu 25th Jul 2019, 12:19pm

Dave, that's bad news, is anyone in contact with him?

Xz

Topics: 33

Replies: 397

Posted: Thu 25th Jul 2019, 1:16pm

Thomas, my contact has been in touch with me and will make further enquires.

I'm not sure if Dave has the same Brian Lee. The one you need lived in Stockport, Manchester.

frankcooper

Topics: 14

Replies: 136

Posted: Thu 25th Jul 2019, 1:37pm

Brian Less moved to the north east about 5 years ago - I last spoke to him at Doncaster show 2 years ago and he lapsed January 2018

terryrobinson

Topics: 1

Replies: 11

Posted: Thu 25th Jul 2019, 4:09pm

I can confirm Dave’s comments that this the Brian Lee you are looking for, he came from the Stockport club over to Teesside several years ago. Always talked about Royal Scot locos and his other passion was stainless steel boilers, which he wrote about in the news, but as Dave has said his health is deteriorating as time goes on.

ThomasKremers

Posted: Fri 26th Jul 2019, 3:18am

Terry, Do you think there is a chance to get a message to him? Deteriorating health can mean a lot of things. I don't want to intrude but he was involved in the sale of the very first Royal Scot ever built and we would love to track down where it ended up when Tony Marchington sold it again in 2003.

DJR

Topics: 0

Replies: 4

Posted: Mon 29th Jul 2019, 9:49am

Hi Thomas,

I've sent an e-mail to Frank to be forwarded on with a contact at our club who still sees Brian and a note about his condition (didn't think it right to divulge on a public forum)

Dave

ThomasKremers

Posted: Tue 30th Jul 2019, 12:24pm

THanks!

« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Contacts | Links | Cookies

Registered office: Yorkshire Accountancy Ltd, 123 Hallgate, Cottingham, East Yorkshire, HU16 4DA
Company registered in England & Wales Number 3955091 © Seven and a Quarter Gauge Society Ltd

Web design by Slingshot