« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Sign In above to begin adding replies.

Cancellations due to the Corona virus

gerryclarke

Topics: 9

Replies: 13

Posted: Fri 20th Mar 2020, 1:12pm
Cancellations due to the Corona virus

I see there are events taking place in March is it that organizers have not updated their information or are they ignoring government information. The web site should be a good place to visit for updated information.

Replies To This Post

Mick

Topics: 11

Replies: 236

Posted: Fri 20th Mar 2020, 3:03pm

Hi Gerry, I had already put a notice on the events forum cancelling all events at Sheffield but it has been automatically deleted because the date has passed. I think in order to keep it on I will have to put a date towards the back end of the year. We are going to take a big financial hit but can't afford for any of our members or the public to be infected. I'm putting another entry on the events forum to see if it will stay on. Cheers, Yorkie.

gerryclarke

Topics: 9

Replies: 13

Posted: Fri 20th Mar 2020, 10:39pm

Hi Mick I will miss Abbeydale this year thanks for your response

ivanhewlett

Replies: 72

Posted: Sun 22nd Mar 2020, 5:25pm

Hi Gerry and All

Thanks for the gentle reminder Gerry, as you say this page should be kept updated. Our event in May is uncertain at this time and I have updated the entry to reflect this.
I would like to hope that things might change in time, but we will of course follow all relevant guidance until this unfortunate situation abates.
Stay Safe.
Kind Regards Ivan Hewlett (1065) Chairman of Riverside Miniature Railway.

George

Topics: 8

Replies: 44

Posted: Sun 22nd Mar 2020, 9:51pm

Hi Everyone
Will you please adjust the events page if your club is cancelling events.
It only makes sense to let people know.
I do know that several clubs have cancelled events for the next two months including my own at the Bath and West.
Keep safe George

Mick

Replies: 236

Posted: Tue 24th Mar 2020, 8:55am

Now that the Prime Minster has ordered a lock down it's reasonable to assume that every railway has now shut down until we get the all clear.

« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Contacts | Links | Cookies

Registered office: Yorkshire Accountancy Ltd, 123 Hallgate, Cottingham, East Yorkshire, HU16 4DA
Company registered in England & Wales Number 3955091 © Seven and a Quarter Gauge Society Ltd

Web design by Slingshot