« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Sign In above to begin adding replies.

Coal?

jamesbrooking

Topics: 1

Replies: 0

Posted: Fri 21st Aug 2020, 10:20pm
Coal?

Hello all I have recently joined the society and run a 7 1/4 gauge rich and also in process of finishing a jessie . What does everyone so for coal supplies I used to get mine from my local club however due to change of location that is no longer an option in Cambridgeshire it is a fair distance from Wales and the coal I usually use and anthracite and me don't get on. Does anyone know a decent supplier that does not charge over the odds.

Thanks in advance

Replies To This Post

Xz

Topics: 33

Replies: 397

Posted: Sat 22nd Aug 2020, 1:54pm

Signal fuels is most folks choice I think. They will ship but it's never cheap, better to pick it up at shows if you can.

Mick

Topics: 11

Replies: 236

Posted: Sat 22nd Aug 2020, 2:40pm

I wonder if there will be any more M.E. shows, Bob? Talking to some traders they were better off financially by not going to the show, and some big names have already abandoned them in recent years due to the cost of putting on a trade stand.

Xz

Topics: 33

Replies: 397

Posted: Sat 22nd Aug 2020, 8:01pm

You may well be right Mick, but it would be a shame, they are good meeting places, and usually very informative as to the lay of the hobby. They must be hard work for traders.

« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Contacts | Links | Cookies

Registered office: Yorkshire Accountancy Ltd, 123 Hallgate, Cottingham, East Yorkshire, HU16 4DA
Company registered in England & Wales Number 3955091 © Seven and a Quarter Gauge Society Ltd

Web design by Slingshot