« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Sign In above to begin adding replies.

Insurance Providers

Brian C

Topics: 1

Replies: 1

Posted: Wed 17th Mar 2021, 10:16am
Insurance Providers

For many years I have insured my models, etc., and had public liability insurance through Walker Midgley. Since their take over by Towergate, the standard of customer service has dropped, the understanding of our needs diminished, but premiums have increased by far more than inflation. I have also had poor service from Towergate with a very different policy in my business.
Can anyone recommend another insurance provider they use to cover model engineering needs, including public liability cover for public running and passenger hauling?

Replies To This Post

frankcooper

Topics: 14

Replies: 136

Posted: Wed 17th Mar 2021, 11:47am

The trouble we face is that other providers will not accept club inspectors undertaking boiler tests and quire professional ones to be done. Also all the hobby receives a considerable amount of rebated commission from Walker Midgley which helps their funds.

Brian C

Topics: 1

Replies: 1

Posted: Wed 17th Mar 2021, 8:42pm

Thank you for your prompt reply Frank. It seems Towergate, (Walker Midgley), may have a monopoly here

frankcooper

Posted: Wed 17th Mar 2021, 8:59pm

Not really a monopoly but they have a considerable number of clients they can offer to an Insurance company. There is only one company that really accepts club boiler testing and they are the ones used by Walker Midgley - nothing to stop other brokers using them but they could not offer the portential numbers to make it worthwhile.

HauteSaoneFrance

Topics: 42

Replies: 165

Posted: Sun 2nd May 2021, 8:08pm

As I understand it Walker Midgley is an arm of TOWERGATE but in turn they are not the ultimate insurer? My business (Marine) had a policy arranged by Towergate there was a substantial claim but it was paid as I seem to remember by Norwich Union

frankcooper

Posted: Mon 3rd May 2021, 4:06pm

Walker Midgle (Towergate) are brokers and place business with a number of actual Insurance Companies. The package they offer us has boilers insured By British Boiler ( Formerly Royal Sun Alliance group) and for the rest now an American Company Travellers. It used to be RSA but the claims experience warranted a larger than usual hike in premiums.

« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Contacts | Links | Cookies

Registered office: Yorkshire Accountancy Ltd, 123 Hallgate, Cottingham, East Yorkshire, HU16 4DA
Company registered in England & Wales Number 3955091 © Seven and a Quarter Gauge Society Ltd

Web design by Slingshot