« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Sign In above to begin adding replies.

Manners

Pete in Aberdaare

Topics: 1

Replies: 6

Posted: Sat 24th Oct 2020, 10:43am
Manners

I have responded to 2 requests for opinions now and neither response has received an acknowledgement.

I am reasonably thick skinned, am unlikely to ever meet the people, I am no expert, but if someone takes the trouble to respond isn't it normal to at least say thanks for the reply?

Replies To This Post

Old Kent Biker

Topics: 3

Replies: 3

Posted: Sat 24th Oct 2020, 2:08pm

Polite? yes, but normal? not so much these days. :( My philosophy is "Expect nothing, and sometimes you will be pleasantly surprised."

Sad, but it seems to be the modern way...

Kind regards,
Martyn

MartynRedfearn

Topics: 28

Replies: 231

Posted: Mon 26th Oct 2020, 7:33am

I think you have to remember that this forum, unlike Facebook, isn’t one where people look and respond daily. Therefore those who asked may not look for a number of days. Personally I normally check this once a day sometimes more often but Facebook much more regularly

Pete in Aberdaare

Topics: 1

Replies: 6

Posted: Tue 27th Oct 2020, 12:36pm

Yes I think you are right that some will be infrequent visitors. However, if you post a question it does seem odd not coming back to see if anyone has replied. The one question I replied to was months ago so not sure what's happened there.

EJParrott

Topics: 3

Replies: 27

Posted: Tue 8th Dec 2020, 10:30am

I've not looked at the forum for months, possibly at all this year until now

« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Contacts | Links | Cookies

Registered office: Yorkshire Accountancy Ltd, 123 Hallgate, Cottingham, East Yorkshire, HU16 4DA
Company registered in England & Wales Number 3955091 © Seven and a Quarter Gauge Society Ltd

Web design by Slingshot