Forum Options

« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Sign In above to begin adding replies.

owd bob

Topics: 1

Replies: 3

Posted: Mon 11th May 2020, 12:37pm

Just a quick one to say i'm a recent new member who normally only lurks on here for any helpful info' i can glean and for a daily viewing of any recently posted and idea filled photos. My line is called the Mc.Mullen Railway and is as yet un-finished, i'm in no hurry to finish it as i enjoy the construction and i'm learning new things as i go along, which i suppose is a good thing under the present lock-down. I have posted my first pic' and hopefully i will post a few more as i go along, it'll be a circular line using about 200 feet of track, of which i'm only 40ft. short of purchasing at the moment. The line is for my own use and enjoyment and i'm hoping to build my own wagons and a loco' for use on it as time go's on. I'm not too far away from the High Legh Garden Centre line which i have visited for inspiration several times, and i hope to do so again soon. Cheers Bob.

Replies To This Post

Xz

Topics: 33

Replies: 397

Posted: Mon 11th May 2020, 1:10pm

Welcome to the Society Bob, and thank you for introducing yourself and giving a flavour of your railway. Pictures are always welcome and can even be posted in these threads, especially if some explanation is required.

Signed, Another Bob.

owd bob

Posted: Mon 11th May 2020, 2:27pm

Thanks Bob, most of my pics' are posted as i go along and my progress on the RMweb website in the garden railways section, i won't waste time and space putting up useless pics'on here all the time unless there are some that help or explain more than my words can. I'm positive i will need help and expert advise when i'm stuck on summat in the future months of hopefully warm Summer fettling about.

Alan

Topics: 0

Replies: 11

Posted: Thu 21st May 2020, 11:37am

Hi Bob - likewise - welcome. Look forward to viewing photos as and when.

Colin Edmondson

Topics: 4

Replies: 100

Posted: Sun 31st May 2020, 10:13pm

Welcome Bob. Iam not as involved these days but I helped build the High Legh line back in 2009 and built a lot of the extension in 2012. My workshop is in Barnton, so probably not far from you.

owd bob

Posted: Fri 5th Jun 2020, 10:14am

Thanks Colin, i'm in Leigh, i'm not that far north of the Ship Canal, we usually call in and visit High Legh on our days out to the numerous steam shows and the classic rallies we often attend all around Cheshire. Hopefully we'll be back to normal soon and we can all get out and about again enjoying our hobbies. Shame to see the recent flooding damage at High Legh and hope all is well there now.

« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Contacts | Links | Cookies

Registered office: Yorkshire Accountancy Ltd, 123 Hallgate, Cottingham, East Yorkshire, HU16 4DA
Company registered in England & Wales Number 3955091 © Seven and a Quarter Gauge Society Ltd

Web design by Slingshot