« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Sign In above to begin adding replies.

Roadshow

MartynRedfearn

Topics: 28

Replies: 231

Posted: Wed 7th Aug 2019, 6:53pm
Roadshow

So there have been a couple of photos of the 7 1/4” Roadshow. I am assuming if we have an event we can invite ask for it to attend. If so how do we do it?

Replies To This Post

George

Topics: 8

Replies: 44

Posted: Thu 8th Aug 2019, 9:03am

You could always write to the chairman and ask!

GWRGirl

Topics: 9

Replies: 39

Posted: Thu 8th Aug 2019, 2:38pm

Hi Martyn,
I have a railway I can't use at the moment as I have nowhere to put it.There are no clubs here in Cornwall at the moment but was hoping to start one up trailers are hard to come by for transporting to take to other clubs out of Cornwall.Would love to attend a road show at some point please keep me posted,
Regards,
Gloria.

frankcooper

Topics: 14

Replies: 136

Posted: Thu 8th Aug 2019, 5:39pm

We are attending 3 events this summer. We will go by invitation where there are visiting locos/members rather than just a public running day.
We always need members so this is worth trying. So far it is working.

HauteSaoneFrance

Topics: 42

Replies: 165

Posted: Thu 8th Aug 2019, 7:25pm

Hi Gloria, Did I see you're railway packed up on a trailer ready to roll or was that someone else? I would have have thought that your railway would be quite an attraction at any garden party type of event that may not have even thought about offering train rides to children and those who have never grown up?

GWRGirl

Posted: Thu 8th Aug 2019, 9:19pm

Hi Davina,
No I don't think it was mine possibly someone else. I have posted a photo of mine on the site.Thank you anyway for your help.
Regards,
Gloria.

George

Topics: 8

Replies: 44

Posted: Thu 8th Aug 2019, 9:45pm

Hi Gloria
Why not take time out and come to the AGM at Newport.
Ask around you can make all sorts of railway contacts
Regards George

GWRGirl

Posted: Fri 9th Aug 2019, 7:21am

Hi George,
Thank you ever so much. Sadly I am unable to attend the AGM this year as we have a lot on with our other railway 16mm attending rallies and shows.Newport is also a fair way to travel for me as well at the moment, but see what happens next year.
Thanks anyway,
Regards,
Gloria.

Railrose

Topics: 4

Replies: 56

Posted: Fri 9th Aug 2019, 4:18pm

Hi Davina, it must have been my railway in the thread 'Rosie's running' on this forum (all the way down in the thread). What it can be like at a neighbourhood party (with a different loco) when the weather is with me is in the picture. This one will be in the reprise the weekend before the AGM. It won't pay the whole trip to the UK but it eases the financial strain a little.
Hi Davina, it must have been my railway in the thread 'Rosie's running' on this forum (all the way down in the thread). What it can be like at a neighbourhood party (with a different loco) when the weather is with me is in the picture. This one will be in the reprise the weekend before the AGM. It won't pay the whole trip to the UK but it eases the financial strain a little.

HauteSaoneFrance

Topics: 42

Replies: 165

Posted: Sat 10th Aug 2019, 1:19pm

Hi Rosie, Yes I did confuse you with the posts by Gloria GWR girl. I'm assuming by what you say you're based outwith the UK? Sounds like a fab idea 'have railway, will travel' a big step up from simply owning a loco and carting it off to a club track though that's very much more achievable. For me the actual establishment of the railway here in Eastern France is more than 50% of the interest for me, I sometimes think that owning 3 loco's another coming soon as well as the rolling stock is simply an add on to the hobby?

GWRGirl

Posted: Sat 10th Aug 2019, 3:42pm

Hi Rosie & HauteSaoneFrance,
I wish there was a club railway near where I live. Most are commercial ones. I am trying to find information on how to build one and how to go about it, but difficult.I like your photo's you have posted Rosie lovely to see 2 other ladies in the hobby
Regards,
Gloria

Railrose

Topics: 4

Replies: 56

Posted: Wed 21st Aug 2019, 11:22am

Indeed I'm based outside the UK, I live in The Hague, Holland. I'm fortunate to have one of the oldest Dutch 7 1/4" gauge tracks nearby. It started 45 years ago. It is still a vibrant club. Apart from that I have my own stuff to do the things others don't want to do because they consider it impossible, like the tight radius.
Travel to the UK is a costly and very time consuming business, though the meeting with like minds makes it well worth the effort.
As I'm out of work for health reasons I have time on my hands, but as a consequence funds are limited. Nevertheless I try to make the trips as often as finances and energy permit me.

GWRGirl

Posted: Fri 23rd Aug 2019, 8:13am

Hi Rosie,
Sorry not to have replied before we have been busy with our 16mm railway.I have been watching your videos on YouTube and admire what you have achieved. I am so sorry to hear you are a not well lady.
The video showing you going into your house is great also the pavement,we can't do that in the UK as Councils would be up in arms, its difficult to get land here as restrictions plus the cost of purchasing a piece of ground is expensive can run into thousands. There are no extinct railways here in Cornwall that anyone can take over plus vandalism which can prove costly. If you are ever in the UK and are visiting Cornwall please let me know as I would love to talk to you.
My kindest and best regards,
Gloria.
x

« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Contacts | Links | Cookies

Registered office: Yorkshire Accountancy Ltd, 123 Hallgate, Cottingham, East Yorkshire, HU16 4DA
Company registered in England & Wales Number 3955091 © Seven and a Quarter Gauge Society Ltd

Web design by Slingshot