« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Sign In above to begin adding replies.

Rosie's running at BHME part 3

George Coles

Topics: 31

Replies: 188

Posted: Sat 29th Jun 2019, 11:35am
Rosie's running at BHME part 3

As we cannot comment directly to photo/videos displayed in the gallery, I am commenting here.

In the video (Rosie's running at BHME part 3) is all that Rosie's track, and is that a double slip in the centre of the picture?

Impressive stuff.

George C

Replies To This Post

Railrose

Topics: 4

Replies: 56

Posted: Sat 29th Jun 2019, 9:23pm

Yes, it is a double slip, followed by a single slip. It is about all I could take, left 3 switches and about 150 metres of track at home... I took all this after positive replies to a picture I sent to the Minimal Gauge group of the three track terminus with return loop. All tracks come together, pass a level crossing and go into another - very basic - balloon loop

Rosie
Yes, it is a double slip, followed by a single slip. It is about all I could take, left 3 switches and about 150 metres of track at home... I took all this after positive replies to a picture I sent to the Minimal Gauge group of the three track terminus with return loop. All tracks come together, pass a level crossing and go into another - very basic - balloon loop

Rosie

Railrose

Posted: Sat 29th Jun 2019, 9:32pm

The double slip, length 150 cm, radius 180 cm, angle 22,5 degrees, built 2003
The double slip, length 150 cm, radius 180 cm, angle 22,5 degrees, built 2003

Railrose

Posted: Sat 29th Jun 2019, 9:38pm

My latest creation, a 10 metre radius switch for Stoomgroep West Zuiderpark in The Hague, where I fell in love with 7 1/4" Gauge railroading 35 years ago. It is built in the same way as my standard 180 cm ( 6 feet ) radius points. This is the first one with this radius, it is on trial now before I will build the second, a left hander.
My latest creation, a 10 metre radius switch for Stoomgroep West Zuiderpark in The Hague, where I fell in love with 7 1/4" Gauge railroading 35 years ago. It is built in the same way as my standard 180 cm ( 6 feet ) radius points. This is the first one with this radius, it is on trial now before I will build the second, a left hander.

Railrose

Posted: Sat 29th Jun 2019, 9:41pm

To see more action, watch my YouTube channel "Rosie Jane Bongers"

I am considering taking a similar layout to the AGM Gala

Rosie

George Coles

Topics: 31

Replies: 188

Posted: Sun 30th Jun 2019, 6:35am

Rosie

Thanks. Great pictures. Great engineering. I am looking forward to the AGM weekend.

George C

Colin Edmondson

Replies: 100

Posted: Tue 16th Jul 2019, 7:28pm

Thanks for all your hard work in bringing your complete railway to the minimal gathering, it is a fantastic setup and a great credit to your skills.

George

Topics: 8

Replies: 44

Posted: Wed 17th Jul 2019, 5:18pm

Will make sure there is space for you

George White

GWRGirl

Topics: 9

Replies: 39

Posted: Fri 19th Jul 2019, 1:14pm

Hi Rosie,
Very impressive well done to you.I am just starting out in this scale after being in model railways for a number of years. Also I am an ex GWR girl.We have a 16mm portable railway as well. Now looking forward to receiving my first locomotive which is battery driven and track my partner purchased for me which we hope to collect the week after next. May i wish you good luck for The future.
My kindest and best regards,
Gloria.

Railrose

Posted: Sat 20th Jul 2019, 4:43pm

Thanks George I will proceed with preparations. My aim is to bring rougly the same setup, but with my petrol mechanic as main traction. This will require a bigger load capacity trailer so this time it will be a braked one. Also a bit more straight track so the sidings can be a bit longer. I would like to hook up the circuit with a climber to the main track, so other NG drivers can enter my track in the same way as at the 2018 AGM.

At the Brighouse Minimal Gauge Gathering it was sadly not possible to hook up to the main track, the raised track was a major obstacle.

Railrose

Posted: Sat 20th Jul 2019, 8:05pm

For those wondering how I managed to carry everythig, a snap of my car plus trailer just before leaving Ravensprings Park. After unpacking at home I added up all the weights and I was a little on the wrong side of load limits... The car didn't complain, did everything with ease.

Just one bit missing, I left the tram seat with gong on the platform... It has been recovered and now I'm obliged to attend the AGM hoping someone will bring it there for me.
For those wondering how I managed to carry everythig, a snap of my car plus trailer just before leaving Ravensprings Park. After unpacking at home I added up all the weights and I was a little on the wrong side of load limits... The car didn't complain, did everything with ease.

Just one bit missing, I left the tram seat with gong on the platform... It has been recovered and now I'm obliged to attend the AGM hoping someone will bring it there for me.

johnnicholson

Topics: 17

Replies: 95

Posted: Mon 22nd Jul 2019, 3:26pm

Railrose,
Martyn has passed me the bell you forgot at Brighouse. Pleasse remind me early in the week of the AGM to pack it and I will bring it to you.
John

« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Contacts | Links | Cookies

Registered office: Yorkshire Accountancy Ltd, 123 Hallgate, Cottingham, East Yorkshire, HU16 4DA
Company registered in England & Wales Number 3955091 © Seven and a Quarter Gauge Society Ltd

Web design by Slingshot