« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Sign In above to begin adding replies.

Steam train enthusiast Cambridgeshire

JamesHutt

Topics: 2

Replies: 0

Posted: Sat 12th Jan 2019, 8:52pm
Steam train enthusiast Cambridgeshire

Hello, I have a 200m 7.25" track in my garden and I am looking for someone who has a steam train to try out the track and help me with the points. I have a battery train but i am looking to buy a steam train in the future. Please get in contact if you are interested
James

Replies To This Post

Martin

Topics: 1

Replies: 13

Posted: Sat 15th May 2021, 7:32pm

Hi James, how is your garden railway coming along, did you find someone to bring their loco over to try out the track., have you tried Cambridge mes perhaps. Wishing yu all the best.
Martin

GWRGirl

Topics: 9

Replies: 39

Posted: Sun 16th May 2021, 12:48pm

Good afternoon Martin,
Thank you ever so much for your quick reply. Yes it was a lovely surprise when I visited Moseley yesterday with other business. I am sorry to say volunteers are very hard to find down here being also unpaid work the owners of the 2ft industrial railway are also finding hard to find volunteers. I am trying to recruit the younger element but all they are interested in is phones and computers, but I suppose that's life now. I will look forward to meeting up with you when you are down this way.
My kindest and best regards,
Gloria.

Martin

Topics: 1

Replies: 13

Posted: Sun 16th May 2021, 9:38pm

Hi Gloria
Which is the best day of the week to find you at Moseley,because I would hate to drive all the way down to Cornwall and miss you.
Have you or the owner had any contact with the local newspaper or the local radio station, invite them along to do summer roadshow from the museum grounds. I used to plan corporate events all over the UK Nd Europe in motorsport, I, ay be zeverL hundred miles away but the phone & the Internet ate good mediums of communication.
My email is martinwootten@virginmedia.com.
I would be happy to help in any small way even from a distance.
Let me know what you think.
Martin

« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Contacts | Links | Cookies

Registered office: Yorkshire Accountancy Ltd, 123 Hallgate, Cottingham, East Yorkshire, HU16 4DA
Company registered in England & Wales Number 3955091 © Seven and a Quarter Gauge Society Ltd

Web design by Slingshot