Sign In above to begin adding replies.

Volunteers

GWRGirl

Topics: 9

Replies: 39

Posted: Fri 19th Jul 2019, 5:41pm
Volunteers

Hi everyone,
I posted this in sales and wants, being a new member who joined the Society 2 days ago am learning the site.
I am looking for any members in South West Cornwall to help with a new venture I hope to require an electric locomotive plus driving truck and 1 passenger car. Track is in process of being purchased fro PNP the week after next.Also have asked Cornwall Council if they have a park or ground in the Helston Lizard Area.

Replies To This Post

franksidebottom

Topics: 4

Replies: 57

Posted: Fri 19th Jul 2019, 6:54pm

Hello GWRGirl, and welcome to the Society. I am sure you will soon find many other enthusiastic local members with whom to enjoy our hobby (I can think of some who I hope are reading this!).

Up to ten years ago we used to have a regularly-updated printed Members' Directory, but this transferred to a section on this website, alas more latterly now removed, ostensibly due to concern over data protection rules. I would hope, along with others, that a form of contact between members can be reinstated, as this would be of great help, particularly to newer members like yourself.

Before rushing headlong into setting up a miniature railway, especially if intending to involve a Local Authority, try to glean as much advice as possible from the experiences of local fellow members. Some railways have developed a good relationship with local authorities, some less so - time will tell.

Best Wishes for your project - and Happy Sevenandaquartering!

Frank S.

GWRGirl

Posted: Fri 19th Jul 2019, 7:36pm

Hi Frank S,
Thank you ever so much for your reply. I am a member of the 16mm Association of Narrow Gauge Modellers and we get issued with a DVD with list of members for private use only. I wonder if seven and a quarter would do the same.As I don't know of anyone in my area at the moment. As regarding the Council the parks and events people are looking into it on my behalf.I was also going to ask any of our local farmers if they had any spare ground that could be used.Not sure how to go about that though, looking at other clubs on here I wonder how they got their land, all I can do is wait and see what happens.I am Secretary of the Cornwall Area Group of Narrow Gauge Modellers and my partner is Chair.We are also attending Steam Rallies with our portable 16mm railway next week at Boconnoc in Cornwall then we have the West of England Show at Stithians and our own show in August at Ruan Minor on the Lizard Peninsula a busy few weeks coming up.
You take care will post any updates.
Regards,
Gloria.

frankcooper

Topics: 14

Replies: 136

Posted: Tue 23rd Jul 2019, 4:11pm

We would need to obtain confirmation from every member who wished hi details to be in a "members book". Currently over 50% have already indicated they do not wish to make their details known.

George Coles

Topics: 31

Replies: 188

Posted: Tue 23rd Jul 2019, 5:29pm

Firstly, apologies to GWRgirl for straying off topic.

Frank, I have an email address through my home club (george@nsme,co.uk). Is there the capacity to offer all members a similar service? We use our email addresses to sign in here, so the society has those on file. Clearly, both names would be needed (there are quite a few Georges, for instance.) So I would be george.coles@sevenandaquarter.org

Just a thought - maybe I should have started a new topic. Sorry

George C

Xz

Topics: 33

Replies: 397

Posted: Tue 23rd Jul 2019, 6:49pm

My appologies also. Frank, a Private Messaging system doesn't require the members to have access to other members detals.It all runs through the forum on the website.

frankcooper

Topics: 14

Replies: 136

Posted: Tue 23rd Jul 2019, 11:44pm

George - good idea just needs somebody to set it up and run it.

George Coles

Topics: 31

Replies: 188

Posted: Wed 24th Jul 2019, 7:50am

I'll start a new topic, and leave this to GWRgirl, to whom I offer my apologies for hijacking her topic, and best wishes for her project.

George C

GWRGirl

Posted: Mon 29th Jul 2019, 2:54pm

Good afternoon George C,
Thank you ever so much for your support, sorry if stirred up a hornets nest,
it was just thought really.By chance I new a George Coles at Old Oak Common he was a foreman there and too over Mr Sims who I have just heard was knocked over by a car and died And your namesake too over as Shed Master.
My kindest regards,
Gloria.

ivanhewlett

Topics: 11

Replies: 72

Posted: Tue 30th Jul 2019, 9:42am

Hi Gloria
Good luck with your venture in Cornwall, if I can be of any help with respect to approaching the council then I will try to do so. Please have a look at riversiderailway.co.uk and my contact details are shown there, phone and e-mail.
Kind Regards, Ivan

GWRGirl

Posted: Sun 29th Sep 2019, 2:06pm

Good afternoon George,
I have some good news for you I have been given a plot of land to run along side our 16mm permanent garden railway.Once the weather gets better work can then be started. I am looking for any steel track if you know of anyone that has got any they are not using please also looking for help to build my project.
Regards,
Gloria

« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Contacts | Links | Cookies

Registered office: Yorkshire Accountancy Ltd, 123 Hallgate, Cottingham, East Yorkshire, HU16 4DA
Company registered in England & Wales Number 3955091 © Seven and a Quarter Gauge Society Ltd

Web design by Slingshot