« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Sign In above to begin adding replies.

WESTER PICKSTON AGM

Mick

Topics: 9

Replies: 163

Posted: Mon 17th Sep 2018, 6:46pm
WESTER PICKSTON AGM

A massive thank you to everyone at Wester Pickston for putting on a fantastic weekend on a most interesting 'driver's track'. From my arrival to departure nothing was too much trouble and a huge amount of effort had obviously gone into preparing for the event. As always, it was so good to meet up again with old friends, which after all, is partly what the event is about. I'm looking forward to seeing you again next year!

Replies To This Post

terryrobinson

Topics: 1

Replies: 9

Posted: Tue 18th Sep 2018, 8:43am

A wonderful weekend, thank you to all concerned for all the effort put in to make the event so good, and as Mick says, good to meet up with old friends again.

johnnicholson

Topics: 14

Replies: 81

Posted: Tue 18th Sep 2018, 9:58am

Terry above has spurred me into action. A very big thank you to all at SMET and the Wester Pickston railway. It was a lovely weekend with great organisation (nothing seemed too much trouble) good food including lovely bacon butties. Thanks to Gerry for the run on Afon Glaslyn . All in all a top notch weekend.

gerryclarke

Topics: 5

Replies: 11

Posted: Tue 18th Sep 2018, 5:00pm

Well Done to Wester Pickston a really enjoyable weekend.

BanburyKev

Topics: 1

Replies: 1

Posted: Wed 19th Sep 2018, 10:52am

Many thanks to all at Wester Pickston for making us so welcome on my first AGM with a loco.

Keithf7

Topics: 0

Replies: 23

Posted: Wed 19th Sep 2018, 10:59am

Thanks to all at Wester Pickston. Great railway,Great people and Great weekend !

Mat Rainer

Posted: Thu 20th Sep 2018, 10:56am

I also add my Thanks to SMET for a great time.
For thoes who are intrested I now have uploaded the photo's and Videos taken my Gilly and me.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/gillymatrainer/albums/with/72157698293740412

Mick

Topics: 9

Replies: 163

Posted: Fri 21st Sep 2018, 8:28am

Great AGM photos again, thanks very much Mat and Gilly.

George Coles

Topics: 23

Replies: 146

Posted: Sat 22nd Sep 2018, 3:06pm

We'd like to add our thanks - now we are home and have an internet connection.  We had a great time, with everybody from the host club smiling the whole time we were there. (Clearly it was a case of fun first, and make the rules fit.  But it worked!)
Thank you again
George Doreen (and Spencer!)
We'd like to add our thanks - now we are home and have an internet connection. We had a great time, with everybody from the host club smiling the whole time we were there. (Clearly it was a case of fun first, and make the rules fit. But it worked!)
Thank you again
George Doreen (and Spencer!)

Railrose

Topics: 2

Replies: 17

Posted: Mon 24th Sep 2018, 2:38pm

A very big Thank You for all who helped to make this great weekend. After a difficult first start my engine went well, requiring quite some engineer's skills to keep it running with the heavy woods train.
Special thanks to Bob Jackson, Oliver Stuart and Archie Renton for the little extra help getting me through some difficulties.
Apologies to Gordon Longland, as I didn't get to Almondell in time to deliver your message, Phil had already gone. 
Only a few Edinburgh members were present, everybody else had gone off early on account of the approaching storm. I just managed a few laps on the Vliegende Hollander and a cup of tea, before one of the members led me to a nearby campsite.

The drive to the ferry on wednesday was horrendous, a gale force crosswind overturned a caravan and SUV, an articulated HGV, a tree and a big van on my route and ripped off tarpulin fixtures off a HGV a hundred yards ahead of me before I reached Newcastle undamaged myself. Gladly the ship outran the storm, which caught up with us in The Netherlands on friday. But this time I was safely indoors...

The loaded logs wagon arrived on destination -BS Living Room- on sunday 23rd, shunted by BS 31 'Slakketram', the sixth engine to pull this wagon after BS 21 Panter, Tarn Beck & Afon Glaslyn, Poppy and Scamp 4.
If it was't for the high cost and effort I would be over to Scotland every week!
A very big Thank You for all who helped to make this great weekend. After a difficult first start my engine went well, requiring quite some engineer's skills to keep it running with the heavy woods train.
Special thanks to Bob Jackson, Oliver Stuart and Archie Renton for the little extra help getting me through some difficulties.
Apologies to Gordon Longland, as I didn't get to Almondell in time to deliver your message, Phil had already gone.
Only a few Edinburgh members were present, everybody else had gone off early on account of the approaching storm. I just managed a few laps on the Vliegende Hollander and a cup of tea, before one of the members led me to a nearby campsite.

The drive to the ferry on wednesday was horrendous, a gale force crosswind overturned a caravan and SUV, an articulated HGV, a tree and a big van on my route and ripped off tarpulin fixtures off a HGV a hundred yards ahead of me before I reached Newcastle undamaged myself. Gladly the ship outran the storm, which caught up with us in The Netherlands on friday. But this time I was safely indoors...

The loaded logs wagon arrived on destination -BS Living Room- on sunday 23rd, shunted by BS 31 'Slakketram', the sixth engine to pull this wagon after BS 21 Panter, Tarn Beck & Afon Glaslyn, Poppy and Scamp 4.
If it was't for the high cost and effort I would be over to Scotland every week!

StBruno

Posted: Sun 14th Oct 2018, 5:56pm

Many thanks to Mat and Gilly for their wonderful photos of the AGM Gala at Wester Pickston. They really demonstrated the marvellous atmosphere that was created. Thank you for showing up the beauties of our track and facilities.
Trevor Goody ( Membership Sec SMET

« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Web design by Slingshot